Holiday season is just beginning, but the sooner you start, the easier it will be! I’m a firm believer in breaking big tasks down into smaller pieces. You can use these 12 strategies at Christmas to make it a little easier for yourself.
- Mark all family member’s social events on your paper or electronic calendar.
- Make note of the events you that require you to bring food. Plan your grocery shopping and baking in advance.
- Plan your wardrobe choices around your social events and try on outfits in advance.
- Make a list of all the people you need to shop for. As you get ideas, fill in the list. Then you will never be at the mall wondering what to get. Its much easier when you know what you’re after.
- Buy Christmas stamps now at the post office before they run out.
- If you didn’t get them on sale last year, try to purchase Christmas cards, wrapping paper and napkins on sale. You can always tuck them away for next year.
- Schedule beauty and hair appointments if you didn’t already do so in September!
- Keep your regular schedule of gym and exercise. Its a great stress reliever.
- Volunteer, donate or help others – that’s what this season is about!
- Delegate – ask family members to help with decorating, card writing, cookie baking and enjoy some time together.
- Indulge in moderation – you deserve to enjoy yourself too.
- Revel in imperfection – sometimes the burnt turkey, mismatched slippers and forgotten presents are the best part!
Its early, but let me be the first to wish you a Merry Christmas!