OK great, its February. What is so good about that you ask? We only have about 6 weeks left of winter, the days are getting sunnier and longer, but the best thing might be that the March issues are out! Which means we can start looking at spring fashion. Which means – spring is around the corner (which corner exactly??)!
I’ve been holed up inside, scanning as many magazines as I could to see what the designers are showing for more temperate weather. It will be so nice to lose the layers, coats and boots. Put on a sweater, snuggle up under a blanket and think warm thoughts of spring and summer.
These may not exactly be new -- but they are what’s trending now …
The top 10 for Spring 2014 …
- Flatforms – these flat but high shoes give height without heels and are easy to walk in
- Crop tops – dare to bare a slice of skin or layer it over something longer
- Mesh panels – see through, sexy, sporty, perforated leather
- Pastels – (yawn) this happens every spring and really only looks good on the fair skinned!
- Boyish footwear – oxfords, no laces, metallic, saddle shoes, especially worn with girly pieces
- Colour blocking (still going strong) – blues and oranges are nice together
- Varsity jackets – worn with ladylike accessories, structured bags and statement necklaces
- Florals and painterly brushstrokes – especially nice on a dress
- Anything white – thank Olivia Pope from Scandal
- Rose gold – my personal favourite and a more flattering gold for some skin tones
to try out this Spring?